Build Credit by Financing a Used Vehicle in Chalmette, Louisiana
You Can Build Credit by Financing a Used Vehicle at Premier Clearance Center of St. Bernard
When you’re looking at financing a new car, you’ll hear the term “credit” thrown around constantly. If you don’t have great credit to begin with, then this can be disheartening, as you might feel like you’re locked out of buying the car that you actually want. At Premier Clearance Center of St. Bernard, our financing team can help you navigate your options, and you might find that you can even build your credit up over time by financing one of our many used vehicles.View Our Inventory of Used Vehicles
Build Your Credit Today Near New Orleans
- Credit is Complicated: Your credit is calculated from a number of different factors, like the length of your credit history, your payment history, and more. When you first secure your auto loan, you might actually find that your credit score temporarily dips a few points. If this happens, it’s important not to panic, as this is simply from a hard inquiry.
- A Better Future: Now that you have your auto loan, it’s important that you stay on top of your payments. Auto loans have a high chance of changing your overall score, as your payment history matters more than other factors. Over time, you should see slow but steady improvements as you work to pay off your loan.
Browsing the Lot for Your Model
- Finding the Right Car: If you’re trying to build your credit up, it may be smart to opt for a model that’s more affordable. This will make it easy to handle your monthly car note so that you can ensure that you don’t miss a payment.
- Meeting Your Needs: You’ll want to also make sure that the model that you pick meets the needs of both you and your family. If you have a lot of kids, for example, it might not make sense to finance a sedan with limited seating.
- Take a Test Drive: It’s normal to feel unsure when you’re browsing the lot. If you’re interested in one of our models, you can always ask our nearest staff member for a test drive.
The Importance of Having Good Credit
Credit can affect multiple areas of your life, so if you’re ready to try and improve your current score, you’ll want to talk to our financing department. We can help you forge a path towards better credit.
- A Small Stepping Stone: If your heart is set on a certain model but it’s slightly out of reach, then you may want to consider biding your time and opting for something that’s more suitable to your financial situation. If you’re on time with your monthly payments, you might find that your credit improves quickly. Later, you can always choose to trade in your model and opt for something new.
- The Long-Term Effects: Credit affects more than just your ability to buy a car. By improving your credit, you open up more options for your life. It may be easier for you to find a house or start a business.